About the event
Date: 24 September, 2017
The Yurrebilla Trail is one of Adelaide’s treasures. The trail winds its way through a series of National Parks and Conservation Reserves under the Mt Lofty summit, as it makes its way across the western face of the Adelaide Hills.
Never more than 12 km from the centre of Adelaide, the trail offers stunning views, amazing gorges, waterfalls, wildlife and wildflowers. Commencing at Belair Railway Station in the south, the trail climbs 1865 metres and descends 2060 metres before it reaches its destination at Ambers Gully, Athelstone. Runners are required to run on only a few roads which connect the end of one bush track to the start of another trail.
The Yurrebilla Trail 56km Ultra is an ideal event for all comers. It is not only for those people who want to race hard, it is also a great event for people who are new to ultramarathons and want to see if they have what it takes. The focus of the event is on supporting runners of all abilities to complete the 56km trail with support stops along the route. The closeness of the trail to services by way of access roads and fire tracks also guarantees runner safety, without lessening in any way the experience of a unique bush trail.
- A great first ultra-marathon with no entry criteria
- IAU-AURA sanctioned Bronze labelled course
- Full catering with drink and food stations
- Bonus Prizes from sponsors
- Road crossing marshalls
- Basic first aid assistance
- Trophies for placegetters for male and female running category
- Gear trailer from race start to 20km rest stop, 36km rest stop and finish.
- Food station at finish line with fantastic finish line atmosphere!
- Toilets & showers available at the Football Club
- A huge interest level in this event is attracting Australia’s finest trail runners