About the event
Date: 24 June, 2017
This will be a free social running weekend based out of Melrose Caravan Park, with outstanding trail running in Mount Remarkable national park – South Australia’s best kept trail running secret.
- On Friday Night we will be meeting at the North Star Hotel in Melrose for dinner to order by 8PM. Otherwise, if you don’t catch us that night, you can meet us the following morning at the caravan park.
- On Saturday there will be a choice of two runs. For maps, scroll down to the bottom of this page:
- Alligator Gorge to Melrose – 38KM, with carpooling to the start
- Mt. Remarkable Summit – 12KM, starting and finishing at the caravan park. If you want some extra distance there is an opportunity to do an additional out and back along the Mt. Remarkable range track.
- On Saturday Night we will be having a BBQ in the caravan park. We will arrange for who is bringing what closer to the date.
- On Sunday we will be joining for a laid-back 12KM loop of Alligator Gorge, before heading back to Adelaide.
What to bring
- BBQ/Salad food for Saturday night (Details TBC).
- Own Snacks/etc for the weekend.
- The usual supplies for self-sufficiency when trail running – a camelbak, snacks, mobile phone etc.
- At least 2.5-3L of water to carry if you are doing the 38KM run.
Please let us know if you will be attending by emailing email@example.com.