Date: Sun, 08 March 2015
Start 7.30 a.m. from Norton Summit, between the Scenic Hotel and the church.
As you see, there is a choice of two routes on the Trail Running SA website, one of 12 kms and one of 18 kms. The short route is contained in the long one; so we will be all together for the first six kms.
There is plenty of parking space in different parts of Norton Summit, and there are toilets in the back of the CFS building next to the meeting place.
If someone could offer to accompany slow runners doing the shorter route, that would be a great help.
If like most people you’re coming from Adelaide, the Old Norton Summit Rd is quicker than the new.
For afterwards, the Scenic Hotel is a good place for coffee.
Date: Fri, 13 March 2015
Distances: 4kmSee the SARRC website for more information.
Date: Sun, 15 March 2015
On Sunday 15 March we start from Belair Park Country Club car park at 7.30 a.m. in order to run a short loop (6 kms undulating), or a long loop (14 kms very hilly).
Coffee after will at the Belair Park Country Club Cafe.
Date: Sun, 22 March 2015
Start 7.30 a.m. from Foxfield Oval, Maryvale Rd, Athelstone. There is a toilet here and plenty of parking space. There’s a choice of 2 distances: 17 kms very hilly, and 8 kms not too hilly.
Please study the map and directions carefully, because I won’t be putting out any markers.
For afterwards, O’Furno’s Cafe in Mercato shopping centre, on Lower North-East Rd. It is to your right immediately after Gorge Rd joins Lower North-East Rd.
Black Hill Conservation Park: short
Distance: approx 8.11 km
Altitude Range: approx 190 m
Total Climb: approx 256 m
- From Foxfield Oval buildings, go south-east to left corner of oval. Pass through gate in chain link fence by small creek.
- Go another 100m to narrow bridge across creek, just before green-roofed buildings. Cross this bridge, pass illustrated signs on the right. Go up hill for about 400m eastwards. Turn left (northwards) at top of hill. This north-south track is Buffer Zone Track.
- Go for c.2kms northwards, passing sign on the left to Athelstone Wildflower Garden, then past an intersection, to green sign saying Ghost Tree Gully. Turn right (east) and go up it until you come to a sign pointing right to Summit Link Trail.
- Go along this for about 3 kms, ignoring a turnoff to the left which goes up to the summit.
- This takes you down to the intersection at the Parks gate which you passed on the way out, by the Addison Rd entrance to Black Hill C.P. Turn left and immediately afterwards right, to return to the start the way you came.