Distance: approx 14 km
Altitude Range: approx 28 m
Total Climb: approx 67 m
Start: The course starts at the Boat Ramp car park near the corner of Esplanade and Morgan St, Aldinga Beach. There is ample parking and toilets at the start (50 m south of the car park), and about 500 metres south and again at about 2km at Silver Sands. Aldinga Bay Cafe is at the corner of Esplanade and Seaview St, about one km north of the start.
1. Run southwards along the beach for 3km
2. Turn left off the beach just after the 3km mark at the small white sign and wooden deck chair (at the fence)
3. Go onto the Esplanade and run northward until the first intersection (just prior to 4km mark) – Turn right into Norman road and follow for a couple of hundred metres
4. Turn left into Acacia Terrace – Run until just before the road turns to the left (Wattle Ave) – Turn right through the fence onto the sandy track (a narrow sandy footpath).
5. Follow the track through the scrub, continuing around to the left to the fire access track at the 5.7km mark
6. When you reach the fire track, do the small ‘dog leg’ to the right then left and continue straight ahead through the scrub – stay on the main track
7. At 6.6km the trail splits – take the track ON THE RIGHT (if you reach the car park you’ve gone too far) – soon after the track junction follow the track to the right (90 degrees) and continue on
8. At 7.4km the track ends at a T junction lined with dead trees, again turn to the right (90 degrees) – follow it till you reach the road
9. At the road (Cox Road) turn left along the road (The Aldinga Caravan park will be on the right) – after a few hundred metres cross to the gate on the left, climb over back into the scrub
10. Follow the fire trail until you pass the vineyards and meet another road – Hart Road (Approx. 9.9km) –climb over the gate.
11. Turn left, then 100metres on, turn right and follow the trail through the wetlands, choosing the left turn option whenever the track splits. At the end of the wetlands continue for about one km along the established gravel track with the houses on your right and scrub on the left
12. When you reach the road which crosses the track at right angles (Dover St, though without a street sign at that point) turn left until you get to the end with car park on your left
13. Enter the scrub near the car park and once inside take the right side track – follow the numbered signs until # 11 (do not follow the track with numbers at #11).
14. Continue to the right until you reach a gravel track, turn left back onto narrow track with the arrow to the left and up the hill to the lookout
15. Backtrack from the lookout about 5 metres and turn right, continue along this track until you reach a T-Section with another track – turn left and follow this track back to the gate and car park
16. Once back on the road turn left along Fraser St, take the second turn to the right (Maurice St), then the first to the left (Morgan St).