Date: Fri, 31 July 2020
Following on from the TRSA V4 Series, TRSA brings you the July Vert Challenge. Challenge yourself or challenge others and make friends with your favourite hill!
The aim of the TRSA July Vert Challenge is to clock as many vertical meters as possible during July. As an additional challenge, make your way through all of your favourite races in Australia (virtually) as an additional challenge.
|State||Race||Race Vert (m)||Cumulative Vert (m)|
|QLD||Guzzler Glass Half Full||740||740|
|WA||Margaret River Ultra||1,730||4,740|
|SA||Five Peaks Ultra||2,060||6,800|
|TAS||Cradle Mountain Trail Run||2,118||8,918|
Although this is a virtual individual challenge, people are welcome to run/walk with others (social distance style) to get that vert up. We are hoping that you’ll get a new appreciation of vert and find new hills to conquer! We encourage you to share your hill experiences and photos in the Facebook group.
This series will run from Wednesday 1 July through to the Friday 31 July. We have set up a Strava Club called TRSA Vert Challenge to allow a bit of friendly competition (and motivation) via the club leader board as well as allowing members a forum to actively encourage others.
To be part of the challenge simply fill out this form and request to join the TRSA Vert Challenge Strava Club
The sooner you do this, the easier life is for the wonderful volunteers pulling this together.
All runs logged through Strava count towards your vertical metres. You can walk, however you’ll need to set these as a run in Strava. All runs must be logged as public in order for these to be viewed.
We have a Strava query set up to track elevation, however if for some reason your vert isn’t getting counted (and your run is set to public) you’ll need to complete the attached form to log your vertical meters. Random audits will be conducted by the TRSA Committee to verify vertical meters claimed.
Progressive results will be published online. Results as at Saturday 4 July midnight can be found here.
Cost and Prizes
- The July Virtual Challenge is completely free of charge.
- Several prizes (currently being finalised) are up for grabs for the following:
- Most vert gained over a month.
- Fastest time to complete all of the virtual Australian races (i.e. all 13,318m).
- Most vert gained in a day
- Random prizes for participation.
- Prizes are limited to 1 per person and allocated based on the order above. The 2nd or 3rd place person will be allocated the next prize if the winner of the category has already received a prize.
- You must join the TRSA Vert Challenge Strava Club
- The run must be public