Date: Sun, 01 July 2018
Start from Belair Holiday Park carpark at 8.00 a.m. Entrance to this is signposted on Upper Sturt Rd, 100m south of main entrance to Belair N.P.
Distance = 14km.
The tracks to follow are clearly signposted.
For afterwards, Sheoak Cafe at junction of Upper Sturt and Sheoak Rds
Belair 14 km Adventure Loop Trail
Distance: approx 13.85 km
Altitude Range: approx 218 m
Total Climb: approx 308 m
This loop consists of Lorikeet Loop Walk and Adventure Loop Trail. Both are well signposted.
- The starting point is the Belair Park Country Club car park. This is signposted on Upper Sturt Rd, opposite Woodlark Crescent, and 100m south of the main entrance to Belair National Park.
- There is a toilet accessible from the outside in the Country Club. It’s on the right-hand side of the building, seen from the car park. There is also a cafe in this building, which opens at 7.30 a.m.
- Enter National Park through pedestrian gate in chain link fence.
- From the eastern side of the large green shed (=Main Pavilion) join Lorikeet Loop Walk via a short grassy path.
- Follow Lorikeet Loop Walk for 1.5 kms to Old Government House.
- Turn right to follow Adventure Loop Trail (shown in yellow on the attached map) for about 11 kms.
- When, after passing golf course on the left, the Adventure Loop Trail reaches Valley Rd, turn left to re-join Lorikeet Loop Walk, and return the way you set out.
- Follow this for one km back to the start.