Altitude Range:295 m
Total Climb:705 m
This is the course of the race organised each October by the Rostrevor Lions Club.
– Starting from Foxfield Oval buildings, head south-east for about 400 m and pass through gate, then continue for about 200 m to a footbridge heading left over creek just before green National Parks buildings.
– Head eastward up a steep hill for about 400m. At the top of the hill turn left, (northwards).
-Continue for 3.5 kms, passing on the left, successively, the entrance to Athelstone Wildflower Garden and then the Addison Rd entrance to Black Hill C.P.
– Follow the Ghost Tree Gully sign, and run up Ghost Tree Gully, forking left at the two successive turnoffs to the right.
– At the top of Ghost Tree Gully Track, pass a turnoff to the left signposted Sugarloaves Track, and continue straight towards Ambers Ridge
-At the next junction, turn left down a steep hill, following the sign into Ambers Gully.
– When almost at the bottom of the hill, you come to a very steep track on the right covered with a concrete grid. This is Main Ridge Track. Take this.
– At the top of Main Ridge Track, fork right in order to return the way you came, down Ghost Tree Gully Track.