Altitude Range:190 m
Total Climb:256 m
- From Foxfield Oval buildings, go south-east to left corner of oval. Pass through gate in chain link fence by small creek.
- Go another 100m to narrow bridge across creek, just before green-roofed buildings. Cross this bridge, pass illustrated signs on the right. Go up hill for about 400m eastwards. Turn left (northwards) at top of hill. This north-south track is Buffer Zone Track.
- Go for c.2kms northwards, passing sign on the left to Athelstone Wildflower Garden, then past an intersection, to green sign saying Ghost Tree Gully. Turn right (east) and go up it until you come to a sign pointing right to Summit Link Trail.
- Go along this for about 3 kms, ignoring a turnoff to the left which goes up to the summit.
- This takes you down to the intersection at the Parks gate which you passed on the way out, by the Addison Rd entrance to Black Hill C.P. Turn left and immediately afterwards right, to return to the start the way you came.