Results & Photos
- Photos and Videos
- 6k Starters - Video
- 12k Starters - Video
- 12k Runners & Walkers on the Wine Shanty Track - Video
- 25k Runners & Walkers on the Wine Shanty Track - Video
- 6k Runners & Walkers on the Wine Shanty Track - Video
- Great photos of the Start, finish, presentations and a few in between - courtesy Sputnik/ ioMerino
- 12k Starters - courtesy Scuba Dee
- Finish line video
- Official Event Photography
Date: Sun, 24 April 2016
Registration is now closed. Please do not contact our volunteers asking for late entry. The next Trail Running SA event is Sturt Gorge – we would love to see you there!
Posted by Trail Running SA on Sunday, January 24, 2016
The Cleland SA Trail Running Championship on 24 April includes three sub-events, measuring approximately 25km, 12 km and 6 km. The first is for runners 16 years and older only and is the championship event. The shorter sub-events are for runners and walkers of any age.
Enjoy racing along the wooded slopes of Mt Lofty, with views down rugged valleys and beyond as far as the sea. This is some of the finest scenery in the Mt Lofty Ranges, yet it is all easily accessible from Adelaide. The courses are predominantly on bush tracks or dirt paths, and almost completely out of sight of roads. They all start and finish on a wide track on the eastern side of the Cleland Wildlife Park carpark.
- Magnificent scenery, beautiful woodland trails, kangaroos, koalas, birds
- Age/gender category awards for the 24 km run (5-yearly eg 20-24yrs)
- Trophies for 1st 3 male & female runners in each event.
- 5 Water stations along the 24 km course.
- Random draw prizes.
- FREE professional photography of each entrant.
Trail Running SA members will be eligible for the following random draw prizes:
- 1 x Men’s Pair Salomon Trail Shoes @ $239.99 RRP
- 1 x Women’s Pair Salomon Trail Shoes @ $239.99 RRP
- 1 x S-Lab Advanced skin 12 set pack @ $239.99 RRP
- 1 x S-Lab Park hydro Handset @ $69.99 RRP
- 1 x Soft Flask Hydration 250ml @ $29.99 RRP
- 1 x New Ambit Vertical HR watch @ $679.99 RRP
- 2 x $100 ioMerino vouchers
- ioMerino products
- b3 massage and movement:
- 3x 30 minute remedial massage vouchers
- Trail Running SA will also be giving away 3x free entry codes to our following event, Sturt Gorge.
- 25km Run:
- Before entries close Midday (noon) Friday, 22 April, 2016: $31
- 12km Run / Walk
- Before entries close Midday (noon) Friday, 22 April, 2016: $26
- 6km Run / Walk
- Before entries close Midday (noon) Friday, 22 April, 2016: $21
Cancellations and changes: Due to the additional workload placed on our volunteers to process each change or cancellation, there will be a $10 fee plus any price difference for changes or cancellations. You will not be refunded the price difference if transferring to a cheaper category. There will be no changes or registrations after the final registration cutoff at noon on Friday before the race – no exceptions.
There is limited parking at Cleland! We require a minimum of 2 entrants in each car that parks at the Cleland car park, ideally 3 or 4 so please carpool.
If you wish to find others to carpool with, please proceed to one of 2 pick-up points from 7:00 onwards:
- The Burnside swimming centre car park on Howard Terrace at Hazelwood Park; or
- The Crafers Park n’ Ride car park.
If you are offering a lift you can drive through the parking area and pick up people. If you are requesting a lift then you can stand around in these places, waiting for an offer. If you don’t have a ride back arranged, this can be arranged immediately after presentations.
There are also lots of people arranging lifts and carpools from various locations on the event facebook wall.
The Running Company prides itself on expertise through experience. When you walk into The Running Company, you’ll find the staff are runners themselves so they know what you go through, they do too.
ioMerino is Australian, natural, lightweight Merino clothing for all kinds of travel, adventure and outdoor activities – and perfect for trail running all year round.
b3 gives you the foundations to help you train harder, recover faster and perform better. Take your performance to the next level with the b3 massage and movement experts.
Demo Shoes & Watches and Product for Sale
The Running Company along with Salomon and Suunto will be on hand with a fleet of demo shoes to try out for the event, AND demo running watches with the course loaded in. These will be handed out on a first in, first served basis so get in early to avoid missing out. These guys will also have a range of product for you to check out and purchase on the day.
ioMerino will also be on site with their tent with some product to touch and feel and purchase if you like.
Head over to the registration page to enter now. Entries close Midday (noon) Friday, 22 April, 2016. There will be no race-day registrations. You must register in advance using the link above.
If you’re interested in helping out on the day, or perhaps you have a family member or friend who might like to volunteer, flick us an email at [email protected].
Midday (noon) Friday, 22 April, 2016:
Walkers may only enter the 12.3 km or 6 km events. If you enter as
a walker you must walk the whole way. If you want to run/walk, you must enter as a runner.
Course Map & Closures
Scroll Down to the bottom of this page to see the course maps. The course will be marked.
Please note that the course will be progressively closed at 9min/km pace from 8:00am (for the 24 km event) and 8:30am (for the 12 km event). Finish area closes at 11:40am. You are welcome to continue running beyond this, however you will need to time yourself and will need to carry your own water. If you wish to let us know what time you came in at and have it included in the results, email us at [email protected] after the event.
Drink station and refreshments
Please bring your own bottle belts or hydration packs (camelbaks). Top-ups are at five self-help drink stations. There will be no cups so you must carry a refillable container.
The Cleland Wildlife Park car park.
There are toilets located at the start.
- 25 km Runners: 8.00am
- 12 km Runners & Walkers: 8.30am
- 6 km Runners & Walkers: 9.00am
- Awards Ceremony: 11.00am
Will be available immediately. Live scoring will enable you to see your result on a smartphone within minutes of finishing.
Cancellations and changes of event
Please attempt to do this yourself before reaching out to our helpful volunteers. The info on how to do this is available here,
Race number bibs and chips
Printed names on bibs: If you want your name printed on your bib then your entry must be received by Midnight Sunday April 3rd.
Bibs will not be mailed out and will be available for pickup on the morning of the event. Please allow sufficient time to pick up your bib and chip. We recommend arriving 30 minutes to 1 hour prior to the event start time in order to allow plenty of time to pick up your bib.
You need to pick up both a bib and ankle chip on the morning of the event.
Bib and chip pickup procedure
Step 1: On arrival, go straight to the “ENTRY DETAILS” display boards. All entrants will be listed and sorted by surname. Find your name. Check that your entry details are correct, especially the race and category you have entered. Remember your race number and start time.
Step 2: Go to the “RACE NUMBER BIBS” baskets (all numbers are filed numerically). Find your race number and take it out. Note: don’t worry if the colour you have is different to a friend who is doing the same event. We are using 2 colours for one of the events.
Step 3: Go to the “CHIP COLLECTION” trestle. Show your race number to collect your timing chip. Tell staff if any of your entry details are wrong.
At the end of the race, return your timing chip as it is NOT disposable and must be returned.
If you return your bib and hang around for presentations you will be included in the prize draw.
Timing chip information
- They are not disposable & must be returned. If you do not start or finish you must return the chip to officials at the finish line. If you finish, officials will take the chip from you at the finish line.
- Your timing chip is in a blue plastic housing attached to a velcroed band. Strap the band to your left ankle with the blue housing facing out. Test that it is secure. If you are not happy with the velcro grip, exchange the band for a new one at Registration.
- Your time and number are recorded when you step on a timing mat.
If there are several starts for different races, make sure you start at the correct time.
- Dead heats are decided by the first chip to be detected ie left foot on a timing mat.
- When you cross the finish timing mat, walk & stay in order in the finish chute.
Your chip will be removed by officials at the end of the chute.
- If you do not finish you must return your chip without crossing the finish mat & tell finish line officials that you did not finish.
The Fine Print
Conditions of entry
I am physically fit, in good health, and adequately prepared to participate in this event. I will withdraw if I succumb to any injury or illness from which I have not fully recovered by the time of the event I realise that I am participating in this event entirely at my own risk, which means that no person or organisation involved in conducting, promoting or supporting the event is liable to me for my injury, illness or death, or any loss or misfortune which may occur as a result of my participation. None of these terms applies if it contravenes any statute. I consent to the free use of my name and images of me in any broadcast, telecast, print publication, email or web page by the organiser and/or event sponsors in relation to the event. I agree to obey the published rules and conditions of this event, as well as any other rules and conditions announced to participants on the day of the event. I agree to obey any directions given to me by any race marshal.
Remember over exertion & inadequate fluid intake can be dangerous. Exercise within your capabilities & drink before, during & after exercising. Wear protective clothing, sunglasses & use SPF 30+. Do not participate if undertrained, unwell or injured.