Date: Sun, 31 March 2019
This event is organised by Lions and Rotary Clubs of Mt. Barker.
Who will be king and queen of the summit?
The race winds through the Larapinta Wetlands and travels through some of Mt Barker’s most beautiful farmland before starting on the climb up to the spectacular Mt Barker summit.
If the scenery doesn’t take your breath away, then the final ascent most certainly will!
The event has a new start and a different route to the finish than previous years, combining trail, roadside and single-track all the way to the top.
It doesn’t matter if you are a fast runner gunning for a podium finish, a walker who stops to enjoy the stunning views or someone in between, this race has something for you.
And with so many great cafes in Mt Barker, you can treat yourself to fabulous coffee and breakfast after all of your hard work. Enter now.
If that doesn’t make you want to enter straight away, here’s a bit more to entice you:
- Prizemoney ($350, $150, $50) will be awarded to the fastest 3 men and women who conquer the summit.
- Trophies will be presented to the fastest team and the biggest team of the day.
- We created a new 15 years and under junior category so that the whole family can conquer the summit together.
- Fruit and water will be supplied along the course and at the finish line.
- Finisher medals – more running bling – will be presented to all runners and walkers who conquer the summit, as long as they enter by 8 March.
- Coffee is available at the start line, just in case you need a caffeine hit or didn’t get time for a cuppa before you left home.
- Free buses will shuttle runners from the summit, back to the carpark area at the start line.
- Thanks to the generosity of principle sponsor RAMS Home Loans Mt Barker, ALL of your entry fees (that’s 100%) will support Operation Flinders and local hills charities.
- Entrants have the opportunity to raise extra money for Operation Flinders by setting up a fundraising page.
- Enter by 8 March to save money on entries and get your name on your running bib.
Get all race details including location, route, parking and race start times.
A little bit more
Conquer the Summit is the premier fundraising event of the Lions Club of Mount Barker and the Rotary Club of Mount Barker. It is generously supported by the District Council of Mount Barker.
The event has been run every autumn since 2012 to benefit Operation Flinders and Adelaide Hills charities.
Operation Flinders is a world leading wilderness adventure program for young people at risk. The program takes participants between 14 – 18 years, on an 8-day exercise in the far northern Flinders Ranges, providing an opportunity for them to break away from their past and grow as valued members of the community.