Altitude Range:196 m
Total Climb:376 m
The tracks referred to are signposted.
1. If you’re doing this as a stand-alone run, go from Croft Rd car park northwards towards Thomas Hill Study Centre.
2. Where the driveway to this Centre goes straight on, you fork right downhill.
3. Turn right into Koch Track.
4. About 300m further on, at the 1.3 km point, turn right into Heysen Trail (CC37). Follow Heysen Trail for 2.5 kms until you come to Grandpa’s Camp on left and turnoff to Pratts Track on the right. Turn into Pratts Track.
5. c.300 m further on, you reach a fork of CC17 and CC15. Take the left fork.
6. About one km further you come to a multiple intersection of 7 tracks on a ridge. Turn left into large track which is the only one not signposted. This is Big End Track. This is marked with a red arrow.
7. Follow this for c.2.5 kms till you reach Fox Creek Rd car park. Turn right to the furthest end of the car park, and follow a track running away from the car park along the bottom of the valley. This is The Guts Track.
8. After c.500m, turn left into Ridge Track, up a steep and long hill.
9. At the top of a ridge you come to Farrel Track. Turn right into this and you soon come to the start point.