Distance: approx 18.0 km
Altitude Range: approx 242 m
Total Climb: approx 645 m
- From Norton Summit, take the turning to Colonial Drive, forking left immediately after the CFS shed, so as to follow the dirt track northwards past Morialta Barns. Following the Yurrebilla signs, rejoin Colonial Drive.
- c.600 m further on, enter Gate 15 on the left, using ladder.
- This path joins the Yurrebilla Trail (signposted). Remember this junction for when you return.
- Turn left. After about 1 km you come to a junction.Take right turn into Third Falls Track.
- After 200m , take right fork. After another 200 m turn left along Pylon Track.
- After c.1km you come to a junction with Central Track. Turn right.
- This joins Moore’s Track. Turn left. You come to an intersection with Chapman’s Track and Rocky Hill Track. Continue downhill for 1.5 kms along Moore’s Track, to a junction by a gate.
- Turn right into Fox’s Hill Track. After 2.1 kms, when almost at the bitumen road, turn right up the infamous Chapman’s Track.
- This takes you for 1.3 kms up a steep slope back to the intersection with Moore’s Track which you crossed earlier.
- Cross over it, and follow the Yurrebilla Trail signs along a broad sandy track. Watch out for a right-turn arrow into a goat track after about 1.5 kms.
- The goat track takes you after about 1.5 kms to Deep View Lookout. Turn left,still on the Yurrebilla Trail. Follow this all the way back to the start. Don’t be diverted by Heysen Trail arrows.
- The Yurrebilla Trail takes you along the famous gorge track, with views of cliffs and waterfalls. Take the short cut near Colonial Drive that you took coming out. The turnoff to it is marked by a phytophthera control brush