Altitude Range:178 m
Total Climb:274 m
- From Almanda Ruins car park on Dorset Vale Rd (shown in street directories) head south for 300m towards junction with Matthews Rd.
- Turn left into Matthews Rd, and proceed almost one km.
- Turn right into the Park at gate signposted Bandicoot Track.
- Proceed to junction with Currawong Ridge Track; turn left.
- Proceed to junction with Cup Gum Track, turn left and follow this through to a gate out of the Park.
- Go through gate, and turn right up a steep dirt road (Gurr Rd) to junction with bitumen road which is Mt Bold Rd.
- Turn right, and after c.200m turn right through a gate back into the Park.
- Turn left along Mt Bold Ridge Track, which runs beside Mt Bold Rd for 2.8kms until you come to sign saying Shingleback Track.
- On the way ignore signs into Cup Gum Track and Stringybark Track.
The track bears right and becomes Shingleback Track, and goes downhill to junction with track called Neville Rd
- Turn left, and proceed to junction with Dorset Vale Rd. Turn right, and proceed for c.2.5kms to starting point.