Altitude Range:111 m
Total Climb:320 m
The course starts in Blackwood Football Club car park, which is on Craigburn Rd. You reach this from Coromandel Parade, via Cummings St and Trevor Terrace.
- From Blackwood Football Club car park, head west along bitumen road, through the gate, turn left and then right. Enter Sturt Gorge Recreation Park entrance on the left.
- Follow Walk the Dog and Lakeview tracks downhill and past the lake.
- After passing the lake on the left, go uphill along Horners Corners track. Follow this as far as the bitumen road. Turn round and come back along Gunners Run.
- Gunners Run leads you back to the lake. Turn left, and immediately left again, along Little River track. Follow this until you reach Cow Bones Loop.
- This takes you to an open gate on the left. Go through this, turn left, and continue downhill to a lake behind a dam wall. Turn around, and return to the gate, then turn left and continue along Cow Bones Loop.
- This brings you to a closed gate. Go through this and turn left immediately.
- Then after about 50m turn sharp left again along a narrow path among trees.
- Follow this for one km, ignoring 4 successive turnoffs to the right.
- Take the 5th turnoff down a steep hill. Go past stone ruin. This path brings you to a vehicle track. Go along this eastwards.
- Across a stream bed, take a rough track up a steep hill. Follow this eastwards until you see houses on the right.
- Continue until you reach the car park where you started.