Results & Photos
- Photos and Videos
Date: 22 May, 2016
- 1 Features
- 2 Random Draw
- 3 Cost
- 4 Entries close
- 5 Sponsors
- 6 Cancellations and changes:
- 7 Carpooling strongly encouraged
- 8 Registration
- 9 Course Map & Closures
- 10 Start Times
- 11 Results
- 12 Printed bibs
- 13 Bib and chip pickup procedure
- 14 Chip timing procedure
- 15 The Fine Print
The Sturt Gorge event is a new event on the 2016 TRSA calendar and is the first event in the inaugural TRSA Trail Series. The event incorporates the multi-use Craigburn Farm and Sturt Gorge trails. We have designed an awesome and varied course which takes runners on beautifully designed and constructed single track, along river trails, and up high with fantastic views.
- Magnificent scenery, beautifully designed and constructed trails, kangaroos, koalas, birds
- Trophies for 1st 3 male & female runners in each event.
- 3 Water stations along the 23 km course and 2 along the 17 km course.
- Random draw prizes.
Trail Running SA members will be eligible for the following random draw prizes:
- 1 x Men’s Pair Salomon Trail Shoes @ $239.99 RRP
- 1 x Women’s Pair Salomon Trail Shoes @ $239.99 RRP
- 1 x S-Lab Advanced skin 12 set pack @ $239.99 RRP
- 1 x S-Lab Park hydro Handset @ $69.99 RRP
- 1 x Soft Flask Hydration 250ml @ $29.99 RRP
- b3 Massage and Movement:
- 3 x 30 min remedial massage vouchers
- 2 x $100 vouchers
- ioMerino product
- Trail Running SA will also be giving away 3x free entry codes to our following event
- 23km Run:
- Before entries close Midday (noon) Friday, 20 May, 2016: $31
- 17km Run:
- Before entries close Midday (noon) Friday, 20 May, 2016: $26
Midday (noon) Friday, 20 May, 2016:
The Running Company prides itself on expertise through experience. When you walk into The Running Company, you’ll find the staff are runners themselves so they know what you go through, they do too.
ioMerino is Australian, natural, lightweight Merino clothing for all kinds of travel, adventure and outdoor activities – and perfect for trail running all year round.
b3 gives you the foundations to help you train harder, recover faster and perform better. Take your performance to the next level with the b3 massage and movement experts.
Cancellations and changes:
Do not contact Trail Running SA requesting a cancellation or change until you have read the procedure for cancellations and changes here. Due to the additional workload placed on our volunteers to process each change or cancellation, there will be a $10 fee plus any price difference for changes or cancellations.
Carpooling strongly encouraged
We strongly encourage carpooling and suggest the Blackwood Coles carpark on Main Road as a meeting location so that fewer cars need parking around the Blackwood Football Club. You may need to park a few minutes walk from the start so please allow sufficient time to walk there. Please respect the no parking signs on the southern side of Cumming St and along Brighton Parade. Car parking at the Blackwood Football Club is reserved for Blackwood Football Club members and event organisers.
Head over to the registration page to enter now. Entries close Midday (noon) Friday, 20 May, 2016. There will be no race-day registrations. You must register in advance using the link above.
If you’re interested in helping out on the day, or perhaps you have a family member or friend who might like to volunteer, flick us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Map & Closures
Scroll Down to the bottom of this page to see the course maps. The course will be marked.
Please note that the course will be progressively closed at 8.30min/km pace from 8:00am (for the 23 km event) and 8:30am (for the 17 km event). Finish area closes at 11:30am. You are welcome to continue running beyond this, however you will need to time yourself and will need to carry your own water. If you wish to let us know what time you came in at and have it included in the results, email us at email@example.com after the event.
Drink station and refreshments
Please bring your own bottle belts or hydration packs (camelbaks). Top-ups are at three self-help drink stations. There will be no cups so you must carry a refillable container.
The Blackwood Football Club
There are toilets located at the start.
- 23 km Runners: 8.00am
- 17 km Runners & Walkers: 8.30am
- Awards Ceremony: 11.00am
Will be available immediately. Live scoring will enable you to see your result on a smartphone within minutes of finishing.
Printed names on bibs: If you want your name printed on your bib then your entry must be received by Midnight Sunday May 8.
Bibs will not be mailed out and will be available for pickup on the morning of the event. Please allow sufficient time to pick up your bib and chip. We recommend arriving 30 minutes to 1 hour prior to the event start time in order to allow plenty of time to pick up your bib. You may need to park a few minutes walk from the start so please allow sufficient time to walk there.
Bib and chip pickup procedure
TRSA is using state of the art electronic timing at its events for safety as well as to provide speedy and accurate results. After you have entered online and checked that all information provided is correct, there are 3 steps that you need to follow on arrival:
- On event day go straight to the “ENTRY DETAILS” display boards. All entrants will be listed and sorted by surname. Find your name. Check that your entry details are still correct, especially the race and category you have entered. Remember your race number and start time.
- Go to the “RACE NUMBER BIBS” baskets (all numbers are filed numerically). Find your race number and take it out. Note: don’t worry if the colour you have is different to a friend who is doing the same event.
- Go to the “CHIP COLLECTION” trestle. Show your race number to collect your timing chip. This is the time to tell staff if any of your entry details are wrong eg your name, category or gender, or you are taking over someone else’s entry, or you are changing races etc
Chip timing procedure
Entrants must make sure the data timers have is correct so must follow these basic procedures:
- Your timing chip is in a blue plastic housing attached to a velcroed band. Its number must match your race bib number. Strap the band to your left ankle with the blue housing facing out. Test that it is secure. If you are not happy with the velcro grip, exchange the band for a new one.
- Your time and number are recorded when you step on a timing mat. If there are several starts for different races, make sure you start at the correct time.
- Run or walk over the start/finish timing mat at your start time. This lets officials know you are on the course
- When you cross the finish timing mat, walk & stay in order in the finish chute. Your chip will be removed by officials at the end of the chute.
- Dead heats are decided by the first chip to be detected ie left foot on a timing mat.
- Timing chips are not disposable & must be returned. If you finish, officials will take the chip from you at the finish line.
- If you do not complete your course you must return your chip to the timing van near the end of the finish chute
- If you lose your chip during the race you must go to the timing van near the end of the finish chute as soon as you cross the finish timing mat
- Officials will phone and search for anyone who has a start time but no finish time, so it is vital you do not use someone else’s number and you go over the timing mat so your start and finish are recorded
The Fine Print
Conditions of entry
I am physically fit, in good health, and adequately prepared to participate in this event. I will withdraw if I succumb to any injury or illness from which I have not fully recovered by the time of the event I realise that I am participating in this event entirely at my own risk, which means that no person or organisation involved in conducting, promoting or supporting the event is liable to me for my injury, illness or death, or any loss or misfortune which may occur as a result of my participation. None of these terms applies if it contravenes any statute. I consent to the free use of my name and images of me in any broadcast, telecast, print publication, email or web page by the organiser and/or event sponsors in relation to the event. I agree to obey the published rules and conditions of this event, as well as any other rules and conditions announced to participants on the day of the event. I agree to obey any directions given to me by any race marshal.
Remember over exertion & inadequate fluid intake can be dangerous. Exercise within your capabilities & drink before, during & after exercising. Wear protective clothing, sunglasses & use SPF 30+. Do not participate if undertrained, unwell or injured.