Results & Photos
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015
Results will be available shortly after the race.
- The Salomon 5 km Microcarpa Loop (gently undulating and easy under foot)
- The Suunto 14 km Adventure Loop Trail (big hills and rough tracks)
We’ll kick off at 9am from the Main Oval but The Running Company and Salomon/Suunto will be on site from 8am to help with fittings and advice. The events will be timed and medals will be awarded. And because Salomon/Suunto are joining the party, the first 20 people to indicate their interest when they register can try out a Suunto Ambit 3 GPS watch on the day. Also available, over 40 pairs of Salomon trail running shoes to wear test during the event (no pre-bookings). Chris from The Running Company and Damian from Salomon/Suunto will be on hand to show off the gear, help out with shoe fittings, and to answer any questions about shoes, watches and hydration packs.
Come and join us for a great family friendly day out. At TRSA we want to encourage new runners (including the younger ones) and show them how much fun we have so this event is designed for beginners too. With help from The Running Company and Salomon we can make sure your experience is the best possible with the right equipment and all the advice you need.
• Magnificent scenery, beautiful woodland trails, kangaroos, koalas, birds
• Trophies for 1st 3 male & female runners in each event.
• The opportunity to try out a Suunto Ambit 3 GPS watch*. Also available over 40 pairs of Salomon trail running shoes to wear test during the event (no pre-bookings).
• Chris from The Running Company and Damian from Salomon/Suunto will be on hand to show off the gear, help out with shoe fittings, and to answer any questions about shoes, watches and hydration packs
Random draw prizes – a Suunto Ambit3 Sport watch valued at $529 and TWO pairs of Salomon S-Lab X-Series trail shoes valued at $200 each!
* Note: limited to the first 20 people to indicate their interest when they register.
Friday noon, 29 May
Course Map & Closures
Scroll down to the bottom of this page to see the course maps.
The courses will take advantage of marked National Park trails with additional marking by TRSA where required. The course will be marked with the usual red-and-white striped ribbons and red arrow signs. In case these are removed by passers-by, please keep in mind that the courses will follow these official routes, which are well signposted:
14 km course: Lorikeet Loop Walk heading eastwards – Adventure Loop Trail – Lorikeet Loop Walk.
All the signs use black lettering on a coloured background: orange for Lorkeet Loop, dark green for Microcarpa Loop and yellow for Adventure Loop.
- All events: 9:00am
- Awards Ceremony: 11.00am
We recommend arriving 40 minutes to 1 hour prior to the event start time in order to allow plenty of time for all entrants to pick up their bibs.
- Salomon 5 km Microcarpa Loop: $10
- Suunto 14 km Adventure Loop Trail: $20
There will be no race-day registrations. You must register in advance using the link above.
Race number bibs
Bibs will not be mailed out.
For registrations before midday Monday 25 May, you can optionally pick your race bib up from The Running Company on Unley Road anytime they’re open between Tuesday 26 and Friday 29 May.
For those who do not pick up their bib and for registrations after Monday 25 May, you can pick your bib up from us on the morning of the event. We recommend arriving 40 minutes to 1 hour prior to the event start time in order to allow plenty of time for entrants to pick up their bib.
Numbers are much higher than anticipated; so if you arrive much after 8.15 you might find the Belair Park Country Club car park is full. In that case, you can park in the side streets opposite the entrance, in Pine Lodge Drive or Californian Crescent – make sure you allow enough time to do this. There is also limited free parking inside the main entrance to Belair National Park, on the left of the entrance drive. Entry to the park ($12) will also open up a range of additional parking opportunities.
Conditions of entry
I am physically fit, in good health, and adequately prepared to participate in this event. I will withdraw if I succumb to any injury or illness from which I have not fully recovered by the time of the event I realise that I am participating in this event entirely at my own risk, which means that no person or organisation involved in conducting, promoting or supporting the event is liable to me for my injury, illness or death, or any loss or misfortune which may occur as a result of my participation. None of these terms applies if it contravenes any statute. I consent to the free use of my name and images of me in any broadcast, telecast, print publication, email or web page by the organiser and/or event sponsors in relation to the event. I agree to obey the published rules and conditions of this event, as well as any other rules and conditions announced to participants on the day of the event. I agree to obey any directions given to me by any race marshal.
Remember over exertion & inadequate fluid intake can be dangerous. Exercise within your capabilities & drink before, during & after exercising. Wear protective clothing, sunglasses & use SPF 30+. Do not participate if undertrained, unwell or injured.
Salomon 5 km Microcarpa Loop
Distance: approx 5 km
Altitude Range: approx 57 m
Total Climb: approx 58 mDownload GPX File | Full Screen | How to use these maps on your phone | Print map (PDF)
Suunto 14 km Adventure Loop Trail
Distance: approx 13.85 km
Altitude Range: approx 218 m
Total Climb: approx 308 m
This loop consists of Lorikeet Loop Walk and Adventure Loop Trail. Both are well signposted.
- The starting point is the Belair Park Country Club car park. This is signposted on Upper Sturt Rd, opposite Woodlark Crescent, and 100m south of the main entrance to Belair National Park.
- There is a toilet accessible from the outside in the Country Club. It’s on the right-hand side of the building, seen from the car park. There is also a cafe in this building, which opens at 7.30 a.m.
- Enter National Park through pedestrian gate in chain link fence.
- From the eastern side of the large green shed (=Main Pavilion) join Lorikeet Loop Walk via a short grassy path.
- Follow Lorikeet Loop Walk for 1.5 kms to Old Government House.
- Turn right to follow Adventure Loop Trail (shown in yellow on the attached map) for about 11 kms.
- When, after passing golf course on the left, the Adventure Loop Trail reaches Valley Rd, turn left to re-join Lorikeet Loop Walk, and return the way you set out.
- Follow this for one km back to the start.