Altitude Range:661 m
Total Climb:704 m
Mt Lofty Summit
START Mt Lofty Summit Forecourt. Start.
Follow Mt Lofty Trail towards Waterfall Gully
- (0.3km) Summit Road crossing, look out for cars and cyclists
- (0.45km) Turn left into Nangare Track, follow Heysen Trail markers, keep hostel on right.
- Cross intersection with Attunga Track, follow Heysen Trail markers to gate at Reynolds Road
Cleland Conservation park
- (1.8km) Go through gate and right into Reynolds Rd
- Go through gate and follow Carro trail for short distance
- (2.24km) Sharp left turn into Summer Hill track
- Go through park gate and follow Summer Hill Drive to Summit Road
- (2.83km) Turn right and keep behind guard rail
- Veer right into Vintage Way (2.95km) and follow narrow track to left just before private gate. (3.0km)
- (3.1km) Follow Spa Track at Gate 19
- (4.25km) Leave park through Gate 18 opposite James Street, turn right into Shurdington Rd
- Turn right into Shurdington then left into Mount Street
- At end of Mount Street, take steps to Summit Road.
- (4.6km) turn right and cross minor access road – look out for traffic and cyclists
- Cross over Freeway exit ramp and bus station carpark road at Crafers roundabout then cross Freeway overbridge on right hand side. Toilets and water at petrol service station.
- Watch out for traffic as you go right around the traffic island. Veer left and follow footpath on right side of Waverley Ridge Road
- Keep on footpath on the right side of Waverley Ridge Rd past junction with Ayers Hill Road to Stirling
- Take care crossing Heath Rd intersection.
- Continue on the footpath on the right side of Waverley Ridge Rd
- (5.90km) Cross Hill Street and veer right into Sheoak Road keep on right side of road
- (6.75km) Veer right opposite Princes Ave and follow track behind houses
- (7.30km) Turn right into Sheoak Road and continue on to Belair Park Gate
- (7.95km) Turn left through park gate for short distance. Water available at fire tap just inside gate.
- (8.00km) Turn right to follow track besides Queens Jubilee Drive
- (8.40km) Veer right in to Yulti Wirra track
- Follow trail with creek on your right until sharp right hand turn
- (10.30km) Left turn at intersection to join Yurrebilla Trail and descend to Echo Tunnel
- (11.25km) Echo Tunnel
- Echo Tunnel (11.25km), follow Yurrebilla Trail.
- Cross over The Valley Road. Yurrebilla Trail turns right – do not follow it – continue straight on past oval on left and park offices on right to park entrance. There are toilets and water at the oval.
- (13.29km) Park Entrance turn left along Upper Sturt Road for a few metres
- (13.30km) Turn right into Pine Lodge Road. Take care crossing Upper Sturt Road.
- (13.3km) Turn right into Pine Lodge Drive
- (13.5km) Turn left into Bermuda Way. At end of road follow path through park to Rosella Ave (14.0km), veer left
- (14.15km) At intersection turn right into Lowan Ave
- (14.15km) Turn right into Lowan Ave which becomes Minnow Drive.
- (14.6km) Take sharp turn right at park and cross foot bridge to Sherwood Drive.
- Keep to left along Sherwood Drive.
- Follow path past tennis courts at Apex Park.
- (15.20km) Apex Park car park. Start 19km. Water and toilets available.
- (15.20km) Apex Park. Start 19km. Turn right into Forest Ave.
- (15.30km) Turn left into Acacia Rd
- (15.40km) Turn right into Acorn Ave
- Turn left into East Tce
- (15.70km) Turn right on to path between houses that leads to the Blackwood railway station
- (15.75km) at top of path by railway station, turn left and follow station road to Main Road. (15.95km) Take care crossing Main Road and go up small embankment into reserve with railway line on your right.
- (16.13km) Cross Coromandel Parade into Johnson Parade
- (16.48km) Turn right across railway at Brighton Parade. Take path through Coromandel Railway Station and follow path with railway on your left.
- (17.20km) Turn left to cross foot bridge
- Turn right immediately after bridge and follow path beside railway
Bellevue Heights East
- Turn right after foot bridge and take trail that veers left down to Magpie Creek Gully
- Magpie Creek Gulley track down to the creek then follow alongside creek to bottom of gorge
- (18.9km) Turn right onto fire track then left across ford, veer right back across creek then take path up steep incline to near corner of Mountbatten Rd and Bushland Dr.
- (19.2km) Follow track just off Bushland Drive then veer left at Gorge Road.
- (19.5km) veer left along trail with Gorge Road houses on your right
Bellevue Heights West
- (20.0km) Keep following the track which does a big loop around the Boulevard with houses on the right. Water will be provided.
- Veer left and keep following track past gate on right.
- Cross over fire trail then swing to the right and follow lower track through scrub.
- (22.5km) Follow trail downhill as it veers to the left, crosses creek then climbs towards University Way. Keep following track to junction of University Way and the Ring Road
- (23.3km) Veer left at Ring Road.
- (23.3km) Veer left and follow track keeping below the road
- (23.8km) Veer left down steep descent near Biology Road sign
- (23.9km) Veer left downhill with houses on your right, through olive grove at bottom
- (24.34km) Turn right into reserve alongside Riverside Drive then veer left to follow path in reserve by creek to South Road
- (24.95km) Turn left over bridge.
- (24.95km) South Road turn left to cross bridge.
- Immediately over bridge turn left and follow path into underpass, turn left at end of underpass.
- (25.22km) Follow footpath on right hand side of South Road. Toilets and water at Hungry Jacks.
- (25.55km) Cross over Marion Road at traffic lights. Take care.
- (25.63km) Turn right to follow veloway. (Alternatively continue up South Road to Seacombe Road, cross the road and turn right and follow footpath to Mostyn Rd)
- Pass under Seacombe Road then take very sharp left U-turn up to Seacombe Road
- (26.15km)Turn left and follow left footpath to Mostyn Road
- (26.15km) Seacombe Road follow footpath to Mostyn Rd
- (26.54km) Turn left up Mostyn Rd, keep to left hand side crossing several side streets.
- (27.10km) Turn right into James St
- Turn left into Peregrine Park and follow path up hill to shelter.
- (27.24km) Peregine Park shelter. Water available.
- (27.24km) From Shelter turn right into Peregrine Close and follow to end of road
- (27.49km) Go through gate and follow path up the creek
- (28.35km) At path junction after steep climb turn right down to cross creek
- At top of bank veer left and head up hill to two power poles
- (28.55km) Turn left up Morphett Road to end of road
- (28.81km) Go through gate and take first turn to the right and follow trail down hill with houses on your right. Water will be provided.
- (29.28km) Veer right keeping houses on your right.
- Cross Davenport Road.
- (29.68km) Turn right and follow trail through park lands
- Cross Tracy Street
- (30.45km) Turn left at Arthur St then right along trail by creek and come out at cnr in Thomas Street.
- (30.63km) Follow left side of Thomas St to Brighton Road
- (31.10km) Turn left then cross Brighton Road at traffic lights, turn right to Pine Ave
- (31.18km) Turn left and follow Pine Ave to railway crossing.
- (31.48km) Cross railway.
- (31.48km) Cross railway and follow road past houses, cross over Myrtle Road and follow path that winds up to top of hill.
- (31.75km) Turn right to top of stairs
- Go down stairs and veer right cross Seacliff Yacht Club carpark
- (32.00km) Either follow Esplanade footpath or go along beach to Brighton Jetty.
- Go along footpath or beach – no markers – to Brighton Jetty (33.93km).
Download GPX File | Full Screen | How to use these maps on your phone | Print map (PDF)