Welcome to the 2016 Trail Running SA Series!
Challenge yourself this winter with 2016 The Trail Running SA Series! This series features 5 events in and around Adelaide, showcasing SA winter running at it’s very best. Explore beautiful trails through native scrub and pine forests, beside creeks and on top of the hills, in the fresh air amongst a friendly community with a welcoming atmosphere for all.
The series includes short, medium and long course races to cater for a wide range of runners. Those of all abilities and experience levels are invited with prizes for top place getters and special awards for those demonstrating the spirit of trail running.
Points will be allocated to the competitors based on their place within each age group for each course in the day’s event. You will win points no matter which distance you run in each event. The longer the course, the more points could be earned.
Age categories are calculated according to your age as at 1st May 2016.
Track your progress throughout the series!
Trophies will be awarded for top three male and female place-getters in each age group category for the series. The age groups are (for both male and female):
U20, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79.
Your age will be taken as at 1st May each year.
The points will be awarded as follows:
- Long course
- Position 1: 10 points
- Position 2: 8 points
- Position 3: 6 points
- Position 4: 4 points
- Position 5: 2 points
- 6 onwards: 1 point
- Intermediate course
- Position 1: 8 points
- Position 2: 6 points
- Position 3: 4 points
- Position 4: 2 points
- 5 onwards: 1 point
- Short course
- Position 1: 6 points
- Position 2: 4 points
- Position 3: 2 points
- 4 onwards: 1 point
- You must compete in at least three out of five events to qualify for overall series prizes.
- You are allowed to run a combination of long, intermediate and short courses in the series. Your overall placing will be based on the total number of points you have earned irrespective of which course you entered. For example, you could do 2 short courses, 1 intermediate and 2 long course.
- For events in which there are only two courses then points will be awarded for long and short courses only.
- The age group place-getters will be the person with the most points. In the case of a tie, the award will be given to the person who did the best overall in the longest races over the year.
The points will be allocated as soon as possible after each event and will be available on the TRSA website.
Special awards are also up for grabs!
- Best navigation stuff ups. Celebrate in the adventure of being lost!
- Best dressed. Have some fun with this and beat the emu from last year’s Mt Misery event!
- Most humorous photo. Put on a show for the camera!
- Most improved over the series. This will be based on placing’s at each event.
Trophies will be presented at a social event after the last race. Photos, videos, anecdotes and guest speakers will enhance the evening.
Caring for the trails
In keeping with TRSA policy, you will be required to provide your own drink container as cups will not be provided at drink stations. A small amount of soft water bottles will be available for purchase on event days for those who have not brought a drink container.
Lastly, please respect the trails. We are privileged to have such stunning places to run. Let’s keep them that way. Remember to leave nothing but footprints and take nothing but memories.