The Trail Running SA series is back for 2021!
This year we’ve made it easier for you to sign up for all events at once – simply click here. Note distances on the registration are only indicative until the courses are finalized for each event, however it is expected that the distances will not change substantially.
Challenge yourself this winter with this series of five events. Explore beautiful trails through native scrub and pine forests, beside creeks and on top of the hills, in the fresh air amongst a friendly community with a welcoming atmosphere for all. Located in and around Adelaide, these races showcase SA winter running at it’s very best.
The series includes short, medium and long course races to cater for a wide range of runners. Those of all abilities and experience levels are invited with prizes for series finishers and top place getters.
Points will be allocated to the competitors based on their place within each Age Group for each course in the day’s event. You will win points no matter which distance you run in each event. The longer the course, the more points could be earned.
Following the cancellation of Mt Misery, we have updated the rules and your 3 best results from the 4 races will count with a minimum of 2 event finishes.
Age categories are calculated according to your age as at 1st January 2021.
Points will also be allocated in a separate Gender points tally.
Competitors are automatically entered into both Age Group and Gender.
For Age Group points click here.
For Gender points click here.
The events for 2021 are:
The Devil’s Nose (25km/16km/10km) – Sunday 2 May 2021
Sturt Gorge (20km/13km/6km)- Sunday 6 June 2021
Cobbler Creek – (25km/16km/10km) Sunday 5 September 2021
The Mt Crawford Challenge (33km/23km/16km/7km) – Sunday 10 October 2021
Trophies will be awarded for top three male and female place-getters in each age group category for the series, and for the top three male and female overall. The age groups are (for both male and female):
U15, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+.
Your age will be taken as at 1st January 2019.
The points for each age group and the overall tally will be awarded as follows:
- Extra-Long course (Mt Crawford only – Bonus round)
- Position 1: 44 points
- Position 2: 40 points
- Position 3: 36 points
- Position 4: 32 points
- Position 5: 28 points
- Position 6: 24 points
- Position 7: 20 points
- Position 8: 16 points
- Position 9: 12 points
- Position 10: 8 points
- 11 onward: 4 points
- Long course
- Position 1: 33 points
- Position 2: 30 points
- Position 3: 27 points
- Position 4: 24 points
- Position 5: 21 points
- Position 6: 18 points
- Position 7: 15 points
- Position 8: 12 points
- Position 9: 9 points
- Position 10: 6 points
- 11 onward: 3 points
- Medium course
- Position 1: 22 points
- Position 2: 20 points
- Position 3: 18 points
- Position 4: 16 points
- Position 5: 14 points
- Position 6: 12 points
- Position 7: 10 points
- Position 8: 8 points
- Position 9: 6 points
- Position 10: 4 points
- 11 onward: 2 points
- Short course
- Position 1: 11 points
- Position 2: 10 points
- Position 3: 9 points
- Position 4: 8 points
- Position 5: 7 points
- Position 6: 6 points
- Position 7: 5 points
- Position 8: 4 points
- Position 9: 3 points
- Position 10: 2 points
- 11 onward: 1 point
- You must compete in at least two out of five events to qualify for overall series prizes.
- You are allowed to run a combination of long, medium and short courses in the series. Your overall placing will be based on the total number of points you have earned irrespective of which course you entered. For example, you could do 2 short courses, 1 medium and 1 long course.
- The points counted will be from the 4 races that awarded you the most points.
- For events in which there are only two courses then points will be awarded for long and short courses only.
- The age group place-getters will be the person with the most points. In the case of a tie, the award will be given to the person who was awarded the most points in the longest race where both people participated.
- The overall Male and Female place-getters (Gender) will be removed from the Age Group points, and will not be awarded Age Group trophies.
- When entering each race of the series, you must use the exact same name spelling, date of birth and gender. If not, a duplicate will be created and your series results will be incorrect. If this happens we must be notified by 6pm Wednesday for any alterations to occur.
The points will be allocated as soon as possible after each event and will be available on the TRSA website, with the exception of the last event where these will be published after the end of season awards barbeque.
Special awards are also up for grabs!
- Best navigation stuff ups. Celebrate in the adventure of being lost!
- Best dressed. Have some fun with this and beat the emu from the 2016 Mt Misery event!
- Most humorous photo. Put on a show for the camera.
Trophies will be presented at a end of season awards barbeque after the last race. Photos, videos, anecdotes and guest speakers will enhance the evening.
Track your progress throughout the series!
We also have another virtual challenge this year: our Cleland Climb Challenge, which is a 6.4km long Strava segment, with 502mV – see the link for more details – this challenge runs from June 7, 2021 to November 6, 2021 and prizes awarded at the End of Season celebration.