Date: Tue, 30 June 2020
Congratulations to the TRSA V4 2020 Series champions:
The TRSA V4 2020 Series Champion Team is: 1 Ply Pros
The TRSA V4 2020 Series Champion is: Daniel Janes
- 0.1 Congratulations to the TRSA V4 2020 Series champions:
- 1 Entries
- 2 Series Rules
- 3 Strava Process
- 4 Courses
The TRSA V4 (Virtual) Series is a series of 4 short courses (10km each) and 4 long courses (21km each) whereby participants work together in virtual teams (max of 10 people) with the goal of accumulating as many points as you can as a team. Courses have been created and are located in Cleland CP, Morialta CP, Black Hill CP, and Belair NP. Provided below are GPX files and maps, along with rules, point scoring and a few useful tips to help with navigating the actual courses.
Teams are VIRTUAL teams, as opposed to teams of people running together. People will run individually, or in pairs as a maximum with acceptable social distancing, and these runs will contribute to their team total. We hope the team concept will provide a chance for people to share successes, increase motivation and provide a way to give virtual high fives to each others’ hard work. We believe this will be a huge boost to us all individually and as a collective. We will also be monitoring individual points for both males and females.
This series will run from Saturday 28th March 2020 through to the end of June. We have set up a Strava Club called TRSA V4 Series and ask that you join this club individually. Start putting your team together and thinking up a creative name for your team.
We ask that that each team sends an email to Cherie (firstname.lastname@example.org) with:
1. Your team name
2. Your team members and their genders
3. A contact email for each team
The sooner you do this, the easier life is for the wonderful volunteers pulling this together. Remember – just one email per team, please!
Points per Run
Complete any short course = 2 points
Compete any long course = 5 points
You can complete them as many times as you like and get 2 or 5 points each time
Bonus points can also be gained and are designed to reward both speed and persistence.
This means runners have something to strive for regardless of pace while also still rewarding the fastest times.
Speed Bonus Points
Speed points awarded on a top ten basis for both female and male runners on each of the 8 courses
- 1st = 10 points , 2nd = 9 points, …, 10th = 1 point.
- Note that these points will be fluid, runners will move up and down the list as faster times are recorded.
- If a runners time gets beaten , they can have another go to move back up the order.
- The points will finally stand as they are at the end of the competition.
- So.. it may well be worth recruiting a speedster for your team and cheering them on!
Persistence Bonus Points
Persistence points are awarded for completing all 4 short or all 4 long courses
- Complete all 4 short courses = 20 bonus points
- Complete all 4 long courses = 50 bonus points
Please only run 1 lap of a given course each day. Running different courses on the same day is allowed, but only 1 of each.
Progressive results will be published online and will include
- Times for each course by gender
- Individuals points table
- Teams “premiership” ladder with points total
You can access the latest results here
Cost and Prizes
- The V4 Series is completely free of charge.
- There are no medals or prizes for the series.
- The winners will have the prestige of having their team and team members names posted on the TRSA website as reigning V4 Series champions.
- Similarly with the top 3 individual points scorers.
- Teams can contain as many members as you like up to a maximum of TEN runners.
- Teams are strictly VIRTUAL, please DO NOT actually run as a team on the trails.
- DO NOT run in groups of more than 2
- DO NOT carpool
- Observe the current social distancing rules at all times.
- Teams are not entered into short or long course competitions specifically. All runners can do any course they like to accrue points for their team’s total.
- Team points are simply the sum of the points of all of the individual members of that team.
You can find the latest Teams List here. We’ll keep this updated frequently.
- You must join the TRSA V4 Series Strava Club
- The run must be set to “race” mode each time you run
- The run must be public
The segment’s endpoints are 50 to 100 meters after the start and before the finish of the published start and finish locations, this ensures that you will register the segment.
Going Off Course
If you go off course simply backtrack or get back on course at the nearest opportunity.
If in so doing, you have shortened the course, just keep going after the published finish until you have run an equivalent distance.
If the segment doesn’t register and you have run an approximate equivalent distance, we will award you your points.
We don’t want people running a long run and having it not count due to an honest navigation error.
(note: top ten leader board placeholders must have run the correct course)
Don’t have your GPS app (Guru maps or similar) running all the time, it will drain your phone battery.
Use it when necessary and then turn the app off.
When looking at your GPS location on the app, start moving in the direction you think you should be going and check your position as you move.
Carry a charging stick in case your phone battery dies en route
Separate Your Same Day Runs
If you run both course in the same location on the same day, please make them two separate activities. Stop your watch after the first run and start a new run for the second.
Read the course notes before you start and perhaps print them and take them with you if you are not sure. The courses have all been designed as loops with no crossovers so as to make navigation easier.
Strava segments have been created for all courses and will be used to monitor completions and times.
Provision will be made for submitting runs that may be slightly off course and thereby not registered the segment.
Each course comes with a GPX file showing the route, a PDF of route, and a PDF with detailed course notes.