Date: Sat, 04 December 2021
Join us for a social weekend of running, hiking and relaxing at Waitpinga
As per previous years, TRSA is organising a social weekend of running, at no charge, which anyone is welcome to attend on December 4 & 5, 2021. We’re again using Waitpinga as our base and we’re excited to host a fun and relaxed weekend away like we have at Melrose in previous years.
This will be a self-service style weekend where you make your own accommodation arrangements, sort your own food and drinks and we’ll organise a series of runs and hikes for you to choose from in this stunning area. If you’re keen to attend, we encourage you to secure your accommodation option sooner rather than later as it is a popular area and a great time of year to visit. Read on for some accommodation suggestions and to see the runs we have planned for the weekend.
*Please re-visit this site closer to the date for link to Google form for registration *
- Waitpinga Campgrounds (Dennis Road, which comes off Waitpinga Road). Book and pay at https://www.parks.sa.gov.au/find-a-park/Browse_by_region/Fleurieu_Peninsula/newland-head-conservation-park
- Other camping grounds are located in Deep Creek Conservation Park including Stringybark campground (which has hot showers) and Trig campground. Book and pay at https://www.parks.sa.gov.au/find-a-park/Browse_by_region/Fleurieu_Peninsula/deep-creek-conservation-park
- Camping, caravans, camper trailers can be used at Victor Harbor Holiday & Cabin Park, Port Elliot Holiday Park and any other parks you can find. There are also heaps of motels close by.
Entry to Deep Creek Conservation Park for Saturday
- Cost for park entry is $11. Please sort this prior to the day.
- To book and pay head to: https://www.parks.sa.gov.au/booking#Deep%20Creek%20Conservation%20Park
- Note: vehicle entry to Newland Head Conservation Park is free but fees apply to camping (see above).