Results & Photos
- Photos and Videos
- Cleland Trail Championships 2021 - Short Course Starters
- Cleland Trail Championships 2021 - Medium Course Starters
- Cleland Trail Championships 2021 - Long Course Starters
- Cleland Trail Championships 2021 - Long Course First Climb
- Cleland Trail Championships 2021 - Koala Run
- Cleland Trail Championships 2021 - Wine Shanty Volume 4
- Cleland Trail Championships 2021 - Wine Shanty Volume 5
- Cleland Trail Championships 2021 - Wine Shanty Volume 2
- Cleland Trail Championships 2021 - Wine Shanty Volume 1
- Cleland Trail Championships 2021 - Medium Course Long Ridge
- Cleland Trail Championships 2021 - Wine Shanty Volume 2
- Cleland Trail Championships 2021 - Start and Finish
- Cleland Trail Championships 2021 - Finishers
- Cleland Trail Championships 2021 - Presentations
Date: Sun, 07 November 2021
Sorry entries are now closed. There are no on the day race entries.
The 2021 Cleland Trail Championship is back to finish of the TRSA year! This year we have 3 all new courses (11km, 17km and 24km), with the long course also doubling as the championship event (all runners are welcome – this course will not be any more difficult than the winter trail running series’ long courses).
Participants will enjoy running along the wooded slopes of Mt Lofty, with views down rugged valleys and beyond as far as the sea. This is some of the finest scenery in the Mt Lofty Ranges, yet it is all easily accessible from Adelaide. The courses are predominantly on bush tracks or dirt paths, and almost completely out of sight of roads. There are plenty of koalas and kangaroos to be spotted if you look hard enough (you may even get a glimpse of the shy bandicoot and the famed deer who are known to hang out in parts of the park).
They all start and finish on a wide track on the eastern side of the Cleland Wildlife Park car park.
This event is capped at 800 participants.
- Magnificent scenery, beautiful woodland trails, kangaroos, koalas, birds
- Trophies for 1st 3 male & female runners in each event.
- 3 water stations along the 24km course, 2 water stations along the 17km course and 1 water station along the 11km course.
- Random draw prizes.
- FREE professional photography of entrants.
- Early bird entry before midnight Sunday, 24th October 2021
- 24km run: $28
- 17km run: $24
- 11km run/walk: $20
- Before entries close 5pm Thursday, 4th of November 2021
- 24km run: $35
- 17km run: $30
- 11km run/walk: $25
- Kids under 15 (must be participating with an adult): $12. For Trail Running SA’s policy for under 18’s click here.
- 24 km run: 7:00am
- 17km run: 7:30am
- 11km run/walk: 8:00am
- 1.7km kids’ koalas race: 10:00am (no need to register, just turn up on the day and pick up a custom koalas bib from the registration tent)
Random Draw Prizes
Presentations will be at 10:45 am. Trail Running SA members will be eligible for the following random draw prizes. Joining Trail Running SA is easy and costs only $10. Click here for more info on membership, and click here for more information on the random draw.
- Trail Running SA Supporters: TBC – stay tuned.
- TRSA: 2 x TRSA hoodie, 2 x TRSA tech tee/singlet, 2 x TRSA cotton tee, 4x TRSA Trucker hats, 1 x TRSA tech band, 3 x entries to Five Peaks 2022.
The Trail Running SA team & how to volunteer
Key volunteer roles for this event:
- Race Director: Robyn
- Assistant Race Director: Joel
We rely on a volunteer committee and countless volunteers on the day to put on each event, so please put your hand up to help keep these events going. To volunteer for this event, please click here and complete the form. All assistance is welcome. Thanks!
- Are you a newcomer to Trail Running SA? Our frequently asked questions page has more information about our events and many other items. Contact us if you have any more questions.
- Join the Trail Running SA Lounge on Facebook – a friendly place for our community to keep each other updated, ask for advice, and anything else trail running related.
Post in the Trail Running SA Lounge on Facebook to organise your carpool with others.
Check out our merchandise at our online store. You can order online and pickup at the event. Limited stock is available at the event.
- Your age category is calculated according to your age as at 1st January 2021.
- 5pm Wednesday 27 October 2021: Get your entry in by 5pm to guarantee your name will be printed on your bib.
- 5pm Thursday 4 November 2021: Entries close at 5pm. There will be no race-day registrations.
Cancellations and changes
Please read our procedure for cancellations and changes before contacting us for a cancellation or change. There is a $10 fee plus any price difference for changes or cancellations.
Course Maps & Closures
24km Long Course:
17km Medium Course:
11km Short Course:
1.7km Kids’ Koalas Course:
Presentations will be at 10:45 am.
Our policy and methodology for determining course closure times is here.
All courses close at 11:00 AM, giving the following cutoff paces:
- 24km run: closes at 10:00 min/km.
- 17km run: closes at 12:35 min/km.
- 11km run/walk: closes at 16:36 min/km.
Please enter our short course events only. This is to ensure that you are back safely before course closure.
We don’t time the walking event separately – you can walk or walk/run.
If you are a slower runner doing the longer distances, check the cutoff paces above.
The start location is along Long Ridge Track, accessed via the Cleland Wildlife Park car park.
The easy way: Click this link for google maps directions.
- Please carry a mobile phone.
- The first aid and emergency phone number is printed on the back of your bib.
- Please notify the race director or TRSA registration desk if you withdraw from the course.
At the race
There will be a bag drop tent. It will be unsecured and not supervised – bags are left at own risk. Don’t leave valuables at the bag drop tent.
Bib pickup procedure
All electronic timing bibs must be picked up at the event. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the event start time in order to collect your bib. Find out more about collecting your bibs.
Chip timing procedure
Learn about our timing procedures.
Beware of slippery patches on the tracks. Bare, packed, earth covered by green moss may be very slippery.
The signs to look out for:
- Red arrows at turnoffs. All turnoffs will be marked with arrows, and ribbons are never used for this purpose.
- Red-and-white ribbons to confirm that you’re on the right track.
- Wrong way signs where needed.
- Course divergence signs where needed.
The red-and-white striped ribbons will be placed at frequent intervals (200-400m) to confirm that you are on the right track. Wherever you need to turn off, there will be an arrow sign. If you stop seeing any signs, turn back. Do not carry on and get yourself even more lost. All runners are expected to carry a mobile phone.
Drink station and refreshments
Bring your own bottle belts or hydration packs because there will be no cups of water at the drink stations or at the finish line. There will be aid stations on course, which will have water and lollies and in keeping with TRSA’s COVID-safe plan, volunteers will re-fill all water bottles and hand out lollies using tongs. The same applies at the finish line with fruit and brownies also on offer. Please use the hand sanitizer provided and wait for volunteers to hand you what you’re after.
John from The Coffee Run will be there to with his usual coffee van.
Photos, Videos and Results from last year
The Fine Print
In order to enter a Trail Running SA event you must agree to the Trail Running SA conditions of Entry.