Results & Photos
- Photos and Videos
Date: Sun, 08 November 2015
This will be a new, timed Trail Running SA Event.
The following prizes will be up for grabs in the random draw:
- ioMerino are jumping on board and are hooking us up with 2x $100 vouchers, and two ioMerino jackets (a men’s and a women’s).
- The Running Company will provide two pairs of Salomon shoes, three 500 ml soft flasks AND three 250ml soft flasks as random draw prizes – worth over $600 in total. They will also have hydration options on sale at the event – click here for details.
- Trail Running SA will also be giving away 3x free entry vouchers to our following event.
These will be random draw prizes so make sure you drop your race bib in the box prior to presentations and stick around for the draw.
ioMerino is Australian, natural, lightweight Merino clothing for all kinds of travel, adventure and outdoor activities – and perfect for trail running all year round.
The Running Company prides itself on expertise through experience. When you walk into The Running Company, you’ll find the staff are runners themselves so they know what you go through, they do too.They will also have hydration options on sale at the event – click here for details.
Head over to the registration page to enter now. Entries close midday Friday 6th of November. There will be no race-day registrations. You must register in advance using the link above.
If you’re interested in helping out on the day, or perhaps you have a family member or friend who might like to volunteer, flick us an email at [email protected].
Friday noon, Friday 6th of November.
- 21.1 km run at 8.00 a.m.
- 10.0 km run /walk at 8.15 a.m.
The 21 km course will close at 8.5min/km, i.e. 11:00 a.m. You are welcome to continue running beyond this, however you will need to time yourself and will need to carry your own water. If you wish to let us know what time you came in at and have it included in the results, email us at [email protected] after the event.
All award presentations are at 11:00am.
Will be available immediately. Live scoring will enable you to see your result on a smartphone within minutes of finishing.
Scroll down to the bottom of this page to see the course maps.
The courses will be marked. The 21 km course follows the Tinjella Trail and follows out-and-back diversions along the Heysen Trail. Both the Tinjella and the Heysen Trail are marked with permanent signs. The 10 km course is out-and-back. Both the 21 km and the 10 km courses start and finish in the same place.
Drink station and refreshments
Please bring your own bottle belts, hand-held bottles or hydration packs (camelbaks), because the supply of cups will be limited. The Running Company will also have hydration options on sale at the event – click here for details.
There will be water, crisps, nuts and fruit, and a commercial coffee van at the race start/finish.
- 10.0 km Run / Walk
- First round earlybird entry before midnight 26th of August: $10
- Second round earlybird entry before midnight 29th of October: $15
- Standard entry until noon, Friday 6th of November: $20
- 21.1 km Run
- First round earlybird entry before midnight 26th of August: $15
- Second round earlybird entry before midnight 29th of October: $20
- Standard entry until noon, Friday 6th of November: $25
Cancellations and changes: Due to the additional workload placed on our volunteers to process each change or cancellation, there will be a $10 fee plus any price difference for changes or cancellations. You will not be refunded the price difference if transferring to a cheaper category. There will be no changes or registrations after the final registration cutoff at noon on Friday before the race – no exceptions.
Race number bibs and chips
Bibs will not be mailed out and will be available for pickup on the morning of the event. Please allow sufficient time to pick up your bib and chip. We recommend arriving 30 minutes to 1 hour prior to the event start time in order to allow plenty of time to pick up your bib.
Trail Running SA is using new arrangements for timing at Kuitpo. You need to pick up both a bib and ankle chip on the morning of the event.
Bib and chip pickup procedure
Step 1: On arrival, go straight to the “ENTRY DETAILS” display boards. All entrants will be listed and sorted by surname. Find your name. Check that your entry details are correct, especially the race and category you have entered. Remember your race number and start time.
Step 2: Go to the “RACE NUMBER BIBS” baskets (all numbers are filed numerically). Find your race number and take it out. Note: don’t worry if the colour you have is different to a friend who is doing the same event. We are using 2 colours for one of the events.
Step 3: Go to the “CHIP COLLECTION” trestle. Show your race number to collect your timing chip. Tell staff if any of your entry details are wrong.
At the end of the race, return your timing chip as it is NOT disposable and must be returned.
If you return your bib and hang around for presentations you will be included in the prize draw.
Timing chip information
- They are not disposable & must be returned. If you do not start or finish you must return the chip to officials at the finish line. If you finish, officials will take the chip from you at the finish line.
- Your timing chip is in a blue plastic housing attached to a velcroed band. Strap the band to your left ankle with the blue housing facing out. Test that it is secure. If you are not happy with the velcro grip, exchange the band for a new one at Registration.
- Your time and number are recorded when you step on a timing mat.
If there are several starts for different races, make sure you start at the correct time.
- Dead heats are decided by the first chip to be detected ie left foot on a timing mat.
- When you cross the finish timing mat, walk & stay in order in the finish chute.
Your chip will be removed by officials at the end of the chute.
- If you do not finish you must return your chip without crossing the finish mat & tell finish line officials that you did not finish.
The junction of Brookman Rd and Christmas Hill Rd, opposite Tynan Rd.
There is plenty of parking space next to the start/finish area.
Paste the following into google maps:
OR follow the following directions:
The race start is at the junction of Christmas Hill Rd and Brookman Rd, opposite Kuitpo Hall (a renovated stone building) and Tynan Rd. If you’re coming from the Adelaide-Meadows Rd it’s 8 kms from the junction with Brookman Rd (signposted Willunga). If you’re coming from the Adelaide-Mt Compass Rd, it’s 13 kms from the junction of Brookman Rd with that (signposted Meadows).
See you there!
Toilets on the way there
There are bush toilets at the Chookarloo camp site (3 kms from the turnoff just before Meadows); an indoor loo at the Kuitpo Forest Information Centre, another 2 kms further on; and a bush toilet at Woodcutter’s Cottage, 2 kms further still. Coming from the south via Mt Compass, there are toilets there. Coming from Adelaide via South Rd, you would have to go through Willunga or Aldinga to find toilets.
There will be portaloos at the start.