Results & Photos
- Photos and Videos
- Mt Crawford 2021 - Extra Long Course Start
- Mt Crawford 2021 - Long Course Start
- Mt Crawford 2021 - Medium Course Start
- Mt Crawford 2021 - Short Course Start
- Mt Crawford 2021 - More Start Photos and DS1
- Mt Crawford 2021 - Board Walk Volume 1
- Mt Crawford 2021 - Board Walk Volume 2
- Mt Crawford 2021 - Board Walk Volume 3
- Mt Crawford 2021 - Board Walk Volume 4
- Mt Crawford 2021 - Board Walk Volume 5
- Mt Crawford 2021 - Medium Course DS1 Volume 1
- Mt Crawford 2021 - Medium Course DS1 Volume 2
- Mt Crawford 2021 - Finish and Little Tackers
- Mt Crawford 2021 - DS1 Reflections
- Mt Crawford 2021 - Course Winners
Date: Sun, 10 October 2021
REGISTRATIONS CLOSED – no race day entries
Mt. Crawford is the fifth race in the 2021 TRSA Series. You don’t need to be a series competitor to enter – all are welcome. For more information on the series, click here.
- Magnificent scenery, beautifully designed and constructed trails, kangaroos, koalas, birds.
- Medals for 1st 3 male & female runners in each event.
- Points in the TRSA 2021 Series for all finishers.
- 4 water stations along the 33 km course, 3 along the 23 km course, 2 along the 16 km course, and 1 along the 7 km course.
- Random draw prizes.
TRSA 2021 Series Bonus Round!
Mt. Crawford is the only event in the series with an extra-long course, making it a 4 point race. For more details head to the Series page.
- Early bird entry before midnight Sunday 26 September 2021,
- Extra-long run: $32
- Long run: $28
- Medium run: $24
- Short run/walk: $20
- Before entries close 5pm Thursday, 7 October 2021
- 33 km run: $40
- 23 km run: $35
- 16 km run: $30
- 7 km run/walk: $25
- Kids under 15 (must be participating with an adult): $12. For Trail Running SA’s policy for under 18’s click here.
- 33 km run at 7:00 a.m.
- 23 km run at 8:00 a.m.
- 16 km run at 8:45 a.m.
- 7 km run/walk at 9:15 a.m.
Random Draw Prizes
Presentations will be at 11:30 am. Trail Running SA members will be eligible for the following random draw prizes. Joining Trail Running SA is easy and costs only $10. Click here for more info on membership, and click here for more information on the random draw.
- Trail Running SA Supporters:
- TRSA: 1 x TRSA hoodie, 2 x TRSA cotton tee, 11 x TRSA tech tees in varying sizes, 3 x entries to Cleland.
The Trail Running SA team & how to volunteer
Key volunteer roles for this event:
- Race Director: Peter Grigg
- Assistant Race Director: Megan King
We rely on a volunteer committee and countless volunteers on the day to put on each event, so please put your hand up to help keep these events going. To volunteer for this event, please click here and complete the form. All assistance is welcome. Thanks!
- Are you a newcomer to Trail Running SA? Our frequently asked questions page has more information about our events and many other items. Contact us if you have any more questions.
- Join the Trail Running SA Lounge on Facebook – a friendly place for our community to keep each other updated, ask for advice, and anything else trail running related.
Post in the Trail Running SA Lounge on Facebook to organise your carpool with others.
Check out our merchandise at our online store. You can order online and pickup at the event. Limited stock is available at the event.
- Your age category is calculated according to your age as at 1st January 2021.
- Wednesday 29 September 2021: Get your entry in by 5pm to guarantee your name will be printed on your bib.
- Thursday, 7th October 2021: Entries close at 5pm. There will be no race-day registrations.
Cancellations and changes
Please read our procedure for cancellations and changes before contacting us for a cancellation or change. There is a $10 fee plus any price difference for changes or cancellations.
Course Map & Closures
Extra Long Course:
Presentations will be at 11:30am.
Previous closure times are listed below. This will be revised once course maps have been finalised.
Our policy and methodology for determining course closure times is here. All courses close at 12:00pm, giving the following approximate cut-off paces:
- Extra-Long course run: closes at 8:54 min/km
- Long course run: closes at 9:51 min/km
- Medium course run: closes at 10:30 min/km
- Short course run/walk: closes at 17:06 min/km
Please enter our short course distance only. This is to ensure that you are back safely before course closure.
We don’t time the walking event separately – you can walk or walk/run.
If you are a slower runner doing the longer distances, check the cut-off paces above.
The start and finish is located on Chalks road, however entry will be via Forties Rd, which is clearly signposted on the western side of Warren Rd (which is the Birdwood to Williamstown road). This is 2km past the Chalks Campground turn off (when coming from Adelaide).
- Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/PVXmeywxBQU5s3BQ9
- Written Directions:
- Probably the easiest route for most people is via North-East Rd past Tea Tree Plaza, and then through Inglewood and Gumeracha along the Torrens Valley Scenic Rd. At the eastern end of Gumeracha, turn left (northwards, signposted to Forreston) into Randell Terrace which becomes Forreston Rd. Go for 11 kms from this turnoff, turn left at junction with Warren Rd, and drive approximately 2 km to Forties Rd (on the left). .Allow 40 minutes for this route from Tea Tree Plaza.
- Or you could go along Gorge Rd, and after about 18 kms from Athelstone shopping centre, take the turning to the left signposted Williamstown. After another 2 kms turn right into the Torrens Valley Scenic Rd to Gumeracha; then proceed as above, through Gumeracha.
- If you get there via the South Eastern Freeway, take the turnoff signposted Woodside to the left, and continue for 31 kms until you come to the turnoff to the left signposted Birdwood Town Centre. Take this, and go through Birdwood. The turnoff to the the right to Williamstown is one km after the centre of town, and the Forties Rd intersection is 12.5 kms further on the left, about two km north of the junction of Warren Rd with Forreston Rd and one km north of the junction with Cricks Mill Rd (signposted Mt Pleasant). Allow one hour for the whole journey from the start of the Freeway (at the junction with Cross Rd and Portrush Rd) to Forties Rd turn off.
Toilets on the way
To avoid long queues at the portaloos when you get there, please use a public toilet on the way. There are public toilets in Kersbrook, Birdwood, Gumeracha, Mt Pleasant and Williamstown.
- Please carry a mobile phone.
- The first aid and emergency phone number is printed on the back of your bib.
- Please notify the race director or TRSA registration desk if you withdraw from the course.
At the race
There will be a bag drop tent. It will be unsecured and not supervised – bags are left at own risk. Don’t leave valuables at the bag drop tent.
Bib pickup procedure
All electronic timing bibs must be picked up at the event. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the event start time in order to collect your bib. Find out more about collecting your bibs.
Chip timing procedure
Learn about our timing procedures.
Beware of slippery patches on the tracks. Bare, packed, earth covered by green moss may be very slippery.
The signs to look out for:
- Red arrows at turnoffs. All turnoffs will be marked with arrows, and ribbons are never used for this purpose.
- Red-and-white ribbons to confirm that you’re on the right track.
- Wrong way signs where needed.
- Course divergence signs where needed.
The red-and-white striped ribbons will be placed at frequent intervals (200-400m) to confirm that you are on the right track. Wherever you need to turn off, there will be an arrow sign. If you stop seeing any signs, turn back. Do not carry on and get yourself even more lost. All runners are expected to carry a mobile phone.
Drink station and refreshments
There will be 4 water stations on the extra-long course, 3 water stations on the long course, 2 water stations along the medium course and 1 water station along the short course.
Bring your own bottle belts or hydration packs, because there will be no cups of water at the drink stations.
There will be water, fruit, and Maurice’s delicious brownies, as well as a commercial coffee van, at the race start/finish. At the drink stations along the course, there will be water and lollies.
Photos, Videos and Results from last year
The Fine Print
In order to enter a Trail Running SA event you must agree to the Trail Running SA conditions of Entry.