The following is a list of routes that we have run in the past and will probably run again in the future. More will be added to this list over time. Click the route name for a map and more info.
For reasons beyond our control, routes may no longer able to be downloaded direct to the app of your choosing. Most of the Trail Running SA routes are hosted on the All Trails website (All Trails bought GPSies, our previous host website for routes) and they only support desktop/laptop based downloading. We are testing other mapping software and will begin to transition over to new software in the future. Instructions to download from All Trails and the trial Ride with GPS website are found below.
All Trails routes
You’ll be directed to a login page and you’ll need to sign up to All Trails before you can download any routes. This is free. Below we have provided some instructions on how to download routes to a desktop/laptop and how to navigate around this on an Android phone, but the same doesn’t appear to work for iPhones. We have also included some screen shots beneath these instructions.
To download a route to a desktop/laptop (mac or pc):
Before you head out the door, you can also download and save the GPX file to a desktop/laptop (same steps as above, but you won’t need to switch to desktop version) and email it to yourself, open the email on your phone, download the attachment and send it to your mapping app (e.g. GuruMaps) from there.
To copy a route to an Android phone:
- Click on the route from the list below, then click on the name of the map just below where it says “Trailrunningsa’s Maps”. DON’T click where it says “Download GPX File”!
- Next click on the icon with three horizontal lines on the bottom left of the screen and click “Desktop Version”. There should now be a blue “Download Route” button.
- Select “GPX Track” and download to your GuruMaps app. If you don’t have the GuruMaps app, download it first or use your favourite mapping app.
We’re working on a suitable solution but in the meantime, this should allow you to continue accessing routes and enjoying the trails!
Ride with GPS routes
Ride with GPS allows gpx downloads without an account, however you can sign up for free accounts and this will allow you to upload files and create new routes. Ride with GPS also has a mapping app where you can download a route directly to your phone (similar to Guru).
How to download the gpx file on your phone and send to your watch or mapping app on your phone:
1. On the course route embedded map click on “View Full Version” in the top left hand corner the map. This will take you to the Ride with GPS website.
2. Select the “More” menu and choose “Export as File”.
3. Select “GPX Track (gpx)”and click the orange “Download .gpx file” button.
4. Click Download when it asks “do you want to download route x?”.
5. Click on the download arrow/option when it pops up.
6. This will then download what looks like a lot of code. Click the upload button on your phone.
7. Select the app you want it downloaded to (i.e. Garmin Connect, Strava, Guru) and follow your app instructions to open and download.
Alternatively, if you have downloaded the Ride with GPS mapping app you can download directly to your phone by:
1. On the course route embedded map click on “Send to” in the top left hand corner of the map.
2. This should open it direct in the Ride with GPS app on you phone.