You must make sure the data that timers have is correct by following our timing procedures.
Attaching the bib
- Attach the bib at waist height to the outside front of whatever top you will be wearing at all timing points.
- Your race number has a timing tag attached on the back of it. Do not bend or fold the tag or tamper with it.
Recording your time
- Your time and number are recorded when you pass through a timing point as long as your race number bib is visible. Do not cover it with clothing or your hands as this will prevent it from recording.
- If there are several starts for different races, make sure you start at the correct time.
- Run or walk over the start/finish timing mat at your start time. This lets us know you are on the course.
- When you cross the finish timing point, make sure you walk past the backup cameras in the finish chute.
- If you cut the course short (for example by skipping a lap or taking a shortcut), do not cross over the mat as we may think you have won the race.
- If you do not complete your course please return your bib to the timing van near the end of the finish chute.
- If you lose your race number bib during the race please go to the timing van near the end of the finish chute as soon as you cross the finish timing mat.
- We will phone and search for anyone who has a start time but no finish time, so please ensure your start and finish are correctly recorded.