Trail Running SA is a “do-it-yourself” group with low-cost membership, which depends completely on volunteers. Our purpose is to organise off-road running activities which enable runners of all levels and abilities to enjoy running in natural surroundings and in pleasant company.
TRSA is run by a committee of self-nominated members and anyone is welcome to join our committee. The only requirement of committee members is that they help organize trail running activities and attend monthly meetings.
TRSA AGM 2019
At the 2019 AGM on Wednesday 24 July we’ll be looking to fill a total of 12 committee positions, four of which are specifically elected, with a remaining eight classified as general committee members. Roles will be assigned to general committee members at the first committee meeting, depending on interests. We’re also after some extra people willing to help in ongoing non-committee roles for defined tasks. If you’re interested in getting involved, either on the committee or in an on-going non committee role, we’d love to hear from you! Have a read below and then flick us an email at email@example.com by 5pm on Monday 22 July.
In addition to presenting a couple of quick reports and electing a committee, we’ll be presenting some minor changes to the Trail Running SA Constitution to the membership for approval. The changes have been ratified by the current committee and you can take a look here to see what they are.
Election of committee members
In accordance with the TRSA Constitution the current committee holds office until the end of the AGM. Therefore all committee positions are declared vacant and any member of the club may nominate for any position. Below is a list of the committee positions we’ll be electing and the nominations received so far (and their roles noted in brackets).
The committee members will have the following obligations.
- Regular attendance at committee meetings
- Responding to emails and other correspondence in a timely manner
- Be responsible for a major area of club management.
Elected positions (4): Nominees are
- Chairperson: Claire Sims (Race Director)
- Deputy Chairperson: Steve Burdett (Race Director, merchandise, series coordinator)
- Secretary: Linna Phu (volunteer coordinator)
- Treasurer: Mary-Ann Higgins
General committee members (8) with specified roles in brackets: Nominees are
- Robyn Hansen (registration manager, Race Director)
- Gary Boyce (Race Director, competitions)
- Michael Walters (Race Director, equipment/trailer, medals)
- Pauline Seaman (Safety officer, affiliation liaison)
- Doug Smart (Race Director, licences, external associations liaison, first aid liaison)
- Justin Parise
- Joel Stanley (Website)
- Darius Chapman (supporter liaison)
Other important management roles
There are a number of important roles to assist in the efficient management of the club and its events that could be filled by either committee members or by other club members. The following retiring committee members have indicated they are happy to assist with management roles outside of the committee.
- David Close (course marking, Assistant Race Director, social runs coordinator)
- Murray Waters (graphic design)
- Maurice Maffei (catering, Assistant Race Director)
- Jonathan Miller (legal advisor)
- Erin Colebatch (nutrition liaison)
- Tim Pritchard
Other management roles to be filled by committee or non-committee members include:
Social event organizer, Photography liaison
And other roles as determined by the new committee
If you are a member and would like a copy of previous AGM reports please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes on the origins of Trail Running in South Australia.
David Close has produced some notes on the origins of Trail Running in South Australia. Take a look here.